About Duran & Duran-Schulze AttorneysElection Law Special Proceedings
Mary Wendy A. Duran, LLB
Concentrating in Family Law Litigation, Civil Law Litigation, Criminal Law Litigation, Labor Law Litigation, Election Law Litigation, Special Proceedings and Corporate Matters.
Highlights of Practice
Litigation and Corporate Matters
- As the Managing Partner of Duran & Duran-Schulze, Atty. Duran represents and acts for her clients before courts, quasi-judicial agencies, and administrative agencies, in most jurisdictions, all levels and venues, in the Philippines. She handles Family Law, Civil Law, Criminal Law, Labor Law, Election Law, Special Proceedings and Corporate Accounts
Family Law Litigation
- Handles a wide range of cases covering Annulment, Adoption, Change of Name, Custody of Minor Children, Support Proceedings, Temporary and Protection Order Proceedings, Partition of Estate, and Probate of Last Will & Testament
- Ability to assess and serve her Estate Planning Clients more effectively with a strong background in Financial Planning
Civil Law Litigation
- Representing individuals and/or entities in Debt Recovery or Collections; obtaining Temporary Restraining Order and/or Preliminary Injunction Order, if possible or any other ancillary reliefs that can be availed of by parties in collections, property cases, etc.
- Representing individuals and/or entities in Expropriation Proceedings, Ousting of Squatters, Cancellation of Adverse Claims
Criminal Law Litigation
- Has appeared and litigated before the Office of the City Prosecutor and the Courts, whether representing the complainant, or accused
Labor Law Litigation
- Advises and represents individuals on Labor Proceedings before the National Labor Relations Commission, representing employees who are illegally terminated. Under certain circumstances, Atty. Duran represents entities relating to labor-management relations
Election Law Litigation
- Represents the Public Servant Applicant, during election periods. Files petition for their candidacy and election protests
Advises and represents clients on:
- Settlement of estate of deceased person
- Guardianship and custody of children
- Habeas Corpus
- Change of Name
- Voluntary Dissolution of Corporations
- Declaration of Absence and Death
- Cancellation or Correction of Entries in the Civil Registry
- Manages and prepares integral corporate documents and material required to form corporations in the Philippines, reviews, prepares, and drafts contracts and agreements
- Assists in all phases of the formation and operations of corporations and the day to day housekeeping for the corporation and it(s) shareholder(s)
- Constructs joint ventures, licensing arrangements, mergers & acquisitions and is well versed in internal forms and provides business tax consultations
- Applies her strong background in taxation to all corporate matters
Education and Professional Experience
Atty. Duran obtained her Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) from San Beda College of Law, Mendiola, Manila, Philippines and was admitted into the Integrated Bar of the Philippines in 2007. Atty. Duran completed her Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (BSCS) from AMA Computer University, Project 8, Quezon City, Philippines in 2001
From 2003 to present, Atty. Duran began her professional career at Dumlao Moraleda Antonano Versoza & Associates Law Offices in Quezon City performing Legal Research and Analysis.
Her first litigation and appearances were before the Sandiganbayan Court. Thus, the only cases that she handled then were public official cases related; e.g., graft and corruption cases, forfeiture of wealth cases, etc., also having experience with cases filed before the Office of the Ombudsman.
Then Atty. Duran shifted to general practice while at Dumlao et al. and continues to her work with Dumlao et al. serving as counsel, and has her own private practice as well.
When Not in the Office…
For her leisure time, Mary loves to travel a lot. She can also be found playing chess, Scrabble and Catan. She enjoys bowling as well. Sometimes she can be found webdesigning and programming for fun, (as that is her undergraduate degree!).