A retiree who applies for a Special Resident Retiree Visa (SRRV) has the option to enroll in the program based from his retirement status.
The procedure in applying for SRRV is linked here.
However, with the ongoing pandemic, and the government’s restrictions and lockdowns, all consular services at the Embassy, except passport releasing and overseas voter registration, are by appointment only, until further notice. Thus, walk-in applicants, except for passport release and overseas voter registration, will not be entertained.
FOREIGN NATIONALS ALLOWED ENTRY PURSUANT TO IATF RESOLUTION NO. 98 (BEGINNING 16 FEBRUARY 2021)
Pursuant to Resolution No.98 dated 4 February 2021, the Inter-Agency Task Force on Emerging Infectious Disease (IATF-EID) has allowed the following foreign nationals who are holders of the following visas, valid at the time of entry, beginning 16 February 2021. No new visas shall be issued, except for qualified foreign nationals eligible for 9(g)visas.
- Those with valid and existing at the time of entry, and who were not permitted to enter the country under previous IATF resolutions:
- Those w/ valid 9(g) issued before 16 August 2021;
- Those w/ valid 9(g) issued after 16 August 2021 should have visas that bear the notation, “For entry purposes only, subject to BI implementation.” Without this notation, an Entry Exemption Document (EED) from DFA will be required by immigration authorities.
- Those with 9(f), SVEG and SIRV (under EO63) visas
- Pursuant to IATF Resolution No. 119 dated 3 June 2021, holders of valid and existing Special Resident and Retirees Visa (SRRV) shall be allowed to enter the country without need of an entry exemption document (EED). For any concerns/queries on entry to the Philippines, the Bureau of Immigration may be directly contacted through [email protected], [email protected], [email protected].
Kindly note that the entry of above-mentioned foreigners is subject to the following conditions:
- Must have valid and existing visa at the time of entry;
- Must present ACR I-Card and valid Special Return Certificate or validly extended Special Return Certificate, unless otherwise exempted (for issuance, the Bureau of Immigration may be contacted at [email protected] or [email protected] or [email protected]);
- With pre-booked DOT/DOH-accredited quarantine facility for at least seven (7) nights or if eligible for shortened quarantine, at least five (5) nights https://onehealthpass.com.ph/quarantinehotels/;
- (To be done before the flight) Register on OneHealthPass (https://www.onehealthpass.com.ph/e-HDC/);
- Subject to the maximum capacity of inbound passengers at the port and date of entry;
- Without prejudice to applicable immigration laws, rules and regulations.
On 17 May 2021, the Philippine Retirement Authority (PRA) has resumed to accept and process new SRRV applications for foreign new SRRV applications for foreign nationals and former Filipinos who are 50 years old and above, in accordance with the Board Resolution No. 4 Series 2021 dated 30 April 2021 duly approved by the PRA Board of Trustees. Aside from the PRA Head Office in Makati, its four Satellite Offices in Baguio, Clark-Subic, Cebu, and Davao are now accepting SRRV applications.
However, 35-49 years old interested applicants would still need to wait for further announcements since the above-mentioned Board Resolution only includes 50-year-old and above clients.
New applicants are encouraged to send via email ([email protected]) scanned copies of their completed documents for a pre-evaluation. It is advised that all requirements must be complete and correct before physically submitting the original copies. Application appointments must be booked through PRA’s official Facebook Page, (www.facebook.com/PhilippineRetirementVisa), prior to visit in the office.
In observance of the minimum health standard, only a maximum of 10 applications per day are being accommodated.
Need further assistance on filing your SRRV application? Talk to the Visa team at Duran & Duran-Schulze Law. Call us today at (+632) 478 5826 or send an email to [email protected] for more information.